Most companies already have a wealth of some years when creating and managing their websites. However, in many occasions continue repeating the same errors at the time of hiring a web page designer, so the result, often if not all points are clarified before closing the contract may be unsatisfactory.
It is important first of all make clear some points, especially in the distribution of tasks, as when designing and creating a website is not going to depend on the person or company hired for this, but we have to do our part. Here we mention ten common mistakes by Phoenix web design in web design company.
We will begin to see some points which are common places, although sure that on more than one occasion has been given more:
- To think that all the work is done by the designer that not only is going to occupy the design, but without knowing company is able to describe it and sell it much better than us. And this also often for a minimal budget.
- To order everything before yesterday and did not provide necessary documentation to start work until a week later. Coordination problems are key, and often delay have not given text, images, etc.
- Problems with text and image formats. It is good that the company gives us a Word, for example, a vision of what he would like to be displayed when viewing a product page, for example, but then we must be aware that the images that we carry have to be the size and adequate quality. Often images of very poor quality with which it is very difficult to work are included.
- Provide insufficient information to the designer. A triptych that we use three years ago to deliver door-to-door is not enough to create a website, at least not one with a minimum quality.
- Hiring a designer of which we have no references of completed jobs. We all need a first opportunity, but best if we see one or several pages designed to others before ours. The “prime effect” that meets one who designs web page… works but perhaps better to leave it for other companies.
- Think that with the design of the page the relationship ends when we have to have maintenance, constantly including new content, design improvements or legislative adaptations as the case of the anticookies law.
- Ask to be the first in Google searches for something that is not uncommon as a request for all types of businesses, usually counting with a minimum budget and then once finished the page no investment to improve SEO.
- Carried away by design to have a very pretty or spectacular but that page does not meet the business purpose that our company in attracting new customers or translates the image of it in the web format.
- Leave domain registrations and hosting to a designer name, something that request many companies do not want to worry about pages once they are created, so they prefer it is all in the name of the designer, who will be with whom to contact if they have any problem, renewals, etc.
- The web is an investment not an expense. Therefore the aim is to attract more customers through the web, get to know us, to be more visible and this is what we have to transfer the web designer to help us with their experience to do it.
It is important to evaluate the experience that it is going to bring us the web designer, make clear and reflected in the contract all the necessary points and dealt with each one. Each in its field, company and designer has to contribute their knowledge so that the result is a page that reflects how our company is and help us to sell it.